Fall always marked the beginning of baking season for Jo. In October, she usually started planning around 25 cookie recipes for Christmas. And that’s not even counting the various cheese and apple pies, as well as pumpkin pies.
But what if you don’t have the desire or time for elaborate baking?
Well, then there’s the EASY-PEASY CINNAMON ROLL for the LAZY. (Can be made in the van or at home)
- 350g Yeast dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 6 tbsp Vegan margarine
- 5 tbsp Brown sugar
- Roll out the yeast dough into a rectangular shape. You can either use homemade dough or grab some from the refrigerated section to save time.
- In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 6 teaspoons of vegan margarine, and 5 teaspoons of brown sugar. The mixture should be creamy.
- Evenly spread the cinnamon-margarine-sugar mixture over the rolled-out dough, using the long side of the rectangle.
- Roll up the dough from the long side to create a beautiful cinnamon roll.
- Generously brush the surface of the cinnamon roll with vegan margarine. You can use your fingers to do this evenly and then sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Place the rolled dough in an Omnia oven or a regular oven if you have one, and bake for about 20 minutes until it’s golden brown and wonderfully fragrant (at 200 degrees Celsius).
- Let the cinnamon roll cool slightly before slicing it and enjoying.
These cinnamon rolls are perfect for cozy autumn mornings or as a sweet treat any time of day. Bon appétit!